Bless the Lord, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
Psalm 103:1 (NKJV)
God has given us the gift to be able to bless him and praise his name
- The moment we begin to praise we begin to detox, releasing the containments out of our world.
We are a soul, this represents who we are. Our mind, our hearts, our emotions and personality.
- What flows through your soul determines the health of your life
Bless the Lord oh my soul, and ALL that is within me bless His name.
- What is in you?
1:6 Philemon (NKJV) …that the sharing of your faith may become effective by the acknowledgment of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.
- Your faith becomes effective and the sharing of your faith becomes effective, when you begin to acknowledge the good things that we have in Christ.
- The moment you begin to reinforce that Christ is in you, that you are filled with faith and that God is on your side, your faith and the sharing of your faith is made effective.
2 Peter 1:3-4 (NKJV)...as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
There are two places you can live: the world or Christ.
- Your life is in Christ, too many believers are trying to live for Christ but they’re in the world.
- There are many contaminants bombarding you: fear, anxiety, stresses. But we need to recognise that we are in Christ and feed our spiritual soul in prayer, the Word and church.
- Many Christians spend a lot of time trying to detox themselves, and aren’t able to reach anyone else. But when we are in Christ, we are detoxed and can focus on others.
Luke 17:21 (NKJV) ..nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.”
- Don’t say the Kingdom of God is over there and is coming from there. The Kingdom of God is within you.
Col 1:27 (NKJV) To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
- You have all of the power of the universe currently living in you, Christ in you the hope of glory.
Col 3:3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
- Your life is hidden in Christ. If your life is floating around in the world, you will not receive your calling, purpose, vision and blessing, which is hidden in Christ.
- Don’t look for your life, look for Christ.
There are 5 things God has put in us:
1. THE CROSS
Eph 1:7 (NKJV) In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.
- He has given you forgiveness, you now have forgiveness on the inside of you.
- Now you have it, you can give that to others; you can’t give people what you don’t have.
- Unforgiveness, hatred, envy, bitterness are all contaminants to relationships. Through the cross we receive the spirit of Christ and forgiveness to restore relationships.
2. THE BURIAL
1 Peter tells us that Jesus went into hell and preached to the demons.
- He was preaching a message of victory. God has given you victory.
- When bad things happen in your world you are still in victory, because you have victory on the inside.
- The contaminants of this are a sense of defeat, hopelessness
- The spirit of victory is on the inside of you. Begin to bless God and thank Him for this. Confess victory over your life.
3. THE RESURRECTION
- God has given you new life. Forget the cliché, God has given you new life. God has new things for you. There is life after tragedy.
- There is new ideas, businesses, relationships, all on their way.
4. THE ASCENSION
- Jesus ascended into heaven after having risen.
Eph 1 Jesus is seated with God in heavenly places
Eph 2 tells us that we are also now seated with Christ in heaven.
- Jesus has given us authority, we are seated and the work is done.
- Jesus talked more about declaration than prayer. Jesus tells us to speak to the mountain, not necessarily going to God to ask about the mountain.
- It is your job to speak to the mountains. Pastors are not our priests. God has given us all authority; we are all seated with Christ in Heavenly places.
- Speak life over areas of your life. Use the authority that Christ has given us and declare life.
- The contamination of authority is voicelessness, powerlessness.
5. THE DESCENSION
- The Holy Spirit came to earth to give us power.
- The contaminants of this are weakness, powerlessness
- Eph 3:20 (NKJV) Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us.
- The power of God is not external to you, it is within you.
See you in church!